[THIN] Re: Using 2003 Enterprise and Citrix PS4?

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, GBM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:14:30 +0100

We run Enterprise on all our servers (2000 though)

We break 4 gig of memory in use a lot.  We have /PAE turned on  and we even
use the /3GB switch.  It's that or heavy paging.  It does hamper your
ability to scale but if you are careful and test and know your limits it can
work well.  Sometimes it's ok to use a box with lots of memory but in other
cases it may be better to have more servers with less memory instead.

Roll on 64 bit.  About to conduct our testing.  Seem like most of our memory
woes will disappear.  Now what to do with 50% of our servers which are not
too old but only 32 bit !!!

Malcolm