[THIN] Re: Using 2003 Enterprise and Citrix PS4?

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:14:36 -0700

Curious,  Why do you need to break the 4 Gig limit on a Citrix Server?  It's
not going to be usable memory unless the application utilized the AWE32
extension.   In addition, you're still limited to 2G of kernel memory with a
finite number of PTEs.   Adding more memory in this case will decrease your
ability to scale.  Of course if you go 64-bit, the limits changes and you
could use Windows Standard instead of Enterprise.

Joe

  _____