[THIN] Users being dropped, but can’t reconnect.

  • From: Brent Strignano <brent@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 18:37:41 +0000

Hello All,

I’m having a strange problem on our XA5 servers. When a user gets disconnected
form the server and they try to get reconnected, the server reports:
You have exceeded your concurrent connection limit.

When we check in Access Management Console the user is not listed. If we check
in Task Manager the user is there in a disconnected state.
The user cannot reestablish a connection to save their work. We have to log
them off in Task manager and they have to start over.

This happens with both internal users (not very often) and Internet connected
users over Web Interface (Much more often).

I don’t remember this happening when we were on PS4.5 Windows 2003.

The Servers are XenApp 5 Windows 2008 32 bit with these CTX hotfixes:
5, 17, 18, 46, 49, 50, 56, 58
Windows updates are current.

Farm Settings:
Maximum connections per user is set to 1
Session Reliability is set to off.
Auto Client Reconnect is set to Automatic.
ICA Keep-Alive is set to 60 seconds.

No Citrix policies are over riding the farm settings.

GPO Settings:
Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Session
Time Limits
Set time limit for active but idle Remote Desktop Services sessions: Enabled
Idle session limit: 2 hours
Set time limit for disconnected sessions: Enabled
End a disconnected session 30 minutes.

I’m not really sure where to start troubleshooting this or what settings may be
wrong.

Thanks,

Brent