[THIN] Upgrading XP FR2 to FR3/SP3 - quick question

  • From: "Roger" <rog2054@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:15:48 +0100

Hi,

Have a 5-server farm running MF XPa FR2. All 5 servers are running on win2k=
 sp3.
Want to upgrade them to MF FR3/SP3.

I'm concerned about creating problems so i'd be happier upgrading one,=
 giving it a day or two, then upgrading the next etc... The farm can=
 comfortably sustain the user load with 4 servers if for some reason i need=
 to rebuild one from scratch.

Are there any implications from upgrading one at a time?
What is the concensus on win2k sp4? I've read a lot of bad press about its=
 compatibility with Citrix...is this just problems that post sp4 hotfixes=
 sort out, or something more serious?

Cheers
Roger

This week's sponsor - Emergent Online