[THIN] Re: Upgrade the Summary db with users connected?

  • From: Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:15:16 -0400

You shouldn't have Amy issues although back up the database prior to the move , just in case.

As far as user impact their shouldn't be any, we did a dcs change a fee time during the day in a 8000 concurrent user farm with no impact

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 19, 2010, at 22:44, Gary Scanga <Gary.Scanga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a PS 4.0 farm and just upgraded a couple of members to Xen 4.5. Neither of those new members were configured with the Summary db DSN. So now Resource Manager reports that I need to transfer that to one of the newer Xen systems.

Does anyone know of any issues of performing this (knowing that it will upgrade the Summary db) while users are actively connected to the farm?