[THIN] Re: Upgrade firmware on old Wyse 3360SE

  • From: "George Yobst" <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:26:24 -0700

That's been the problem with Wyse's for years - how much flash
do you have, and the 'latest' always takes more :-(
-George

On 3/29/07, Matt Kosht <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Never mind.  I did get it to d/l the update finally. The terminal only
had 16MB of flash and needed 16MB more free to do the upgrade.
-matt

On 3/29/07, Matt Kosht <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I dug this out of a closet today and it still appears to work fine.
> It's running v3.42 of the Wyse firmware and 2.12 of Windows CE.  I
> realize this device is out of support by Wyse but would like to get it
> on the last firmware released for it before it reached that point.  I
> have a anon FTP server setup. I downloaded the firmware from Wyse for
> 3360SE(CE.NET) (v4.2 I think) but it fails to upgrade to it. Anyone
> have a newer firmware for this I could get a copy of?

SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus