[THIN] Re: Upgrade Farm XP FR3 to MPS 4.0

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:51:54 -0500

BTW:  MSDE is SQL Server 2000 based, and is starting to be replaced by SQL
Server Express (which is based off of SQL Server 2005 and is free to
install).

I am using Express in any new work - it is completely compatible with SQL
2000 servers.  Additionally, it does not have that annoying problem of
having to be on the console to install.

I don't know if these other tools will work on it, but probably.

tim