[THIN] Re: Upgrade Farm

  • From: Rob Slayden <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:09:03 -0800

Jim,

You can start with the MFXP Administrator's Guide, Chapter 3 (pages
100-104), which covers interoperability with MF 1.8. Chapter 4 also has info
on Migrating to MFXP. There is also a WP at Citrix, Migrating from MetaFrame
1.8 to MetaFrame XP.
Link is here:
http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=118&entryID=30&fr
omSearchPage=true or go to Citrix Support and search for
XP_Migration_Whitepaper.pdf.

In addition, Brian Madden's book, Citrix MetaFrame XP Advanced Technical
Design Guide, has an entire chapter dedicated to MFXP migration from MF 1.8.
It is an excellent book focused on design aspects. Also, for one of the best
comprehensive guides to MFXP strategy, planning, implementation, deployment,
etc., Doug Brown's MIAB 3.0 is a must-have! It rocks. Download at
www.dabcc.com.

These will give you a good start. I am also currently preparing to migrate a
27 server MF 1.8 farm to MFXP, and I have been testing in the lab for a
couple of weeks to ensure I don't disrupt our 4000 users when I begin the
rolling migration. Good Luck!

Rob
24 Hour Fitness