[THIN] Updated - XenApp and PVS Farm Documentation Scripts

  • From: Webster <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:22:46 +0000

If anyone is interested, here are the links to the updated documentation
scripts I am releasing next week.

A fellow CTP found two issues that are now fixed.

In all four scripts, I checked to see if the WinWord process was running.  My
friend found out this didn't work correctly on a XenApp server with multiple
users running Word.  Since I am not a programmer, I had to reach out to my
friend MBS for a solution.  The script now gets the Session ID of the user
running the script and checks if WinWord is running in that session.  If it is,
the script exits.

For the XenApp 6.5 script, I test to see if remoting enabled by the
Set-XADefaultComputerName cmdlet.  If remoting is NOT being used, I now get the
computer name the script is running on and see if the computer is a
session-only host.  If it is the scripts gives a warning and exits.  If the
script is run on a Session-only host, every call to a XenApp cmdlet waits for a
timeout since a Session-only host cannot process them.

These links will expire next week.

XenApp 6.5 V3.1 scheduled for release on 18-Feb

PS1
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/s4c6412de9e2495a9

TXT
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/see36803167949999

XenApp 5 V2 scheduled for release on 19-Feb

PS1
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/sbdc5303f2f6434e8

TXT
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/s36c1bc5f24242d8b

PVS V2 scheduled for release on 20-Feb

PS1
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/s3517a4c3a9346e38

TXT
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/sdd77fdb0c6c48788

XenApp 6.0 V3 scheduled for release on 21-Feb

PS1
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/sd911afb102748f79

TXT
https://fmd-4fa86af09e7750-03118659.sharefile.com/d/s3f532b45c624285a