[THIN] Unstable W2000 server(s)

  • From: "Jan Homan" <jan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:56:05 +0200

Since the last couple of days we have seen on 2 independent sites that
a Windows 2000 server gets unstable (no shares possible, no
local login possible, some it crashes) and the error message
causing it is:

Error 5000 LsaSrv
The security package Negotiate generated an exception.  The package is now
disabled. The exception information is the data.

After the reboot the server is fine again for a couple of hours
and then it happens again.

We know about http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328948/

but on one server where it happens SP4 is installed which includes this fix I
believe.

Has anyone seen this problem recently ?

Any comments/suggestions is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jan
This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint GmbH
and certificate management.