[THIN] Unscheduled Package Deployment?

  • From: Jay.Jukes@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:17:29 +0930

Morning all

Today we had a very strange thing happen at a client's site.  The client is
running 16 MetaFrame XPe servers with FR2.  At 9:30am all users received a
message stating "Warning : Your session will be RESET in 15 minutes. Please
save all data and LOGOFF. Any unsaved data will be lost."

This message them popped up every 5 minutes.  I know that this occurs when
an IM package is about to be deployed, but we double checked and found no
packages scheduled for that time.  There were no packages in a "started"
state and only 2 packages pending for 9:00pm and 10:00pm that night.

We deleted the pending IM jobs and stopped the ADF Installer service just
in case, but the messages continued to pop up.  All users were then logged
off and remote sessions were disabled.  The servers came back online 5
minutes later.

We checked the Event Logs but could not find any Gemini installer or server
reboot events.  The servers didn't actually reboot which leads me to think
it wasn't a scheduled reboot accidentally mistimed, and we double checked
all IM packages jobs and could not find any that had completed around the
time of the outage.

Has anyone else had this problem, or have an idea of any other logs I could
check to find a cause?

Cheers
Jay Jukes
    Systems Engineer
    MCSE    MCP+I    CCA
    CSM Technology
    Ph:     61 8 8936 1400
    Fax:    61 8 8941 1657
    Email:  jay.jukes@xxxxxxxxxx
    Web:     http://www.csm.com.au
This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above and may contain information that is
confidential and privileged. Any information contained in this e-mail is
not to be used or disclosed for any purpose other than the purpose for
which you received it. If you are not the intended recipient you are
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail by mistake, please delete this e-mail permanently
from your system. WARNING: Although the company has taken reasonable
precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail, the company
can not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use
of this e-mail or attachments.