[THIN] Re: Unplug hardware system tray icon

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 21:41:52 -0000

Hi
The Compaq PCI Hot plug driver is a pain in the ar*e.
I dont have access to my servers with hot plugs drivers at the mo so test
this reg key first.

I apply this reg key (if my brain hasnt gone loopy) for all new users on
clean new Compaq builds

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal
Server\Install\Software\MICROSOFT\Windows\CURRENTVERSION\Applets\SysTray]
"Services"=dword:0000001d

Have a look at this key.

You should be able to use the correspondiong key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER for
existing users.
Turn the option off for yourself and then look to see what value it gets
changed to.
Let me know how it goes,

regards