[THIN] Re: Univeral Print Driver - recommended

  • From: Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 18:13:12 -0000

Cheers Warren

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Warren Simondson
Sent: 01 November 2011 12:53
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Univeral Print Driver - recommended

Hi All

Just thought I'd share this one. I've been doing a trial of the Xerox
universal printer driver, which works
for both Xerox and non-xerox printers, on a customer's site that uses
Windows 2008 R2 with XenApp 6.5.

They where having so many driver issues we went with this and I am very
surprisehow good it is. It's
very stable and didn;t have any issues with Xerox and HP printers. I've
come across too many x64 drivers
which are causing a BSOD 0x00003b error on the Citrix/ RDS server, so this
one appears to be a viable
answer. I know the HP unversal driver is also available and is a solid
solution, but this one appears to
perform slightly faster with regards to spooling/ printing.

You can download it from here:

http://www.office.xerox.com/software-solutions/global-printer-driver/enus.
html

--