[THIN] Unintended Install Security

  • From: Greg Watts <greg.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:47:08 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I am creating a unintended install of Metaframe FR3 that automatically joins
the farm. I am using the unintended.exe that is shipped with FR3. Everything
works great but now the customer is concerned that I have the username and
password to the SQL datastore (using NT authentication). Is their a way to
encrypt this into a script? Would compiling a script as a exe with kixeditor
secure this?  Thanks in Advance!

Greg Watts
Mantech, Inc.
This week's sponsor - Emergent Online