[THIN] Re: Unattended install for MPS

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, FM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:34:41 -0000

Create a transform file.  Using ORCA you load the MSI and then I find it
easiest to load a sample transform file.  From memory what the transform
changes is highlighted in a different color within ORCA.  You can then
change those settings to what you need and save as a different transform
file.  Doing this you just launch the install with something like

msiexec /i MFXP001.msi /qb-TRANSFORMS=yourtransform.mst
REBOOT=ReallySuppress

You don't need all the other guff as mentioned below because it is now in
your transform file.  The admin guide has a list of what to modify but the
detail isn't that great....

Hope this helps
Malcolm