[THIN] Re: Unable to save to Local C: drive

  • From: Francois <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:30:11 +0100

Jason,

It might be a silly suggestion and I don't know how you mapped your server's drives, but is he not trying to save a file to the server's C: drive instead?

Francois

At 09:26 07/09/2004 -0400, you wrote:
He is the only user I have had this happen with,  Every other time either,
blowing away the Webica file fixes the issue, or we have definitively
determined it to be a restriction on the local PC (policies).
Jason

-----Original Message----- From: Mark CALLEJA [mailto:Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 9:20 AM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [THIN] Re: Unable to save to Local C: drive

Jason

Can other people connect to their local drives?  Has anyone changed the
policies (CTX) to prevent local drive mapping?  Have you checked the domain
settings for automatic local drive mapping?  Is the problem unique to the
one server??

HTH
Mk

Mark Calleja
Coordinator Network Systems
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
binary, and those who don't"

>>> pattenj@xxxxxxxx 07/09/2004 20:52:10 >>>
I have a user that is using our Nfuse connection, but is unable to save to
his local C: drive.  I had him delete the Webica.ini file and reconnect so
that he would prompted for the level access to allow.  He clicked FULL
access, but is still getting a permission denied error.  I believe he is
running windows 2K.  I asked him if he was ablet o save files to his local
drive from another application on his PC such as Excel and he claims he was
able too.  I am not sure what else to check here.  Any ideas?  I still think
there may be some sort of policy in effect on his local computer but do not
have access to it to confirm this. Jason

Jason Patten M3 Tech support Ph.(770) 297 1925 x266 Email: jason@xxxxxxxx YahooID: jasonrpatten

670,616,629 mph. Its not just a good idea, its the law.

2004 is the Year of the Built Environment
For more information, please go to www.builtenvironment2004.wa.gov.au

This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running
on unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application
performance problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding
on-demand enterprise! http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register

http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register ********************************************************** Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at: