[THIN] Re: Unable to install Office 2000...

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:52:17 -0000

Mike,

That was it exactly.  Thank you!!! :)

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Pfeiffer, Mike [mailto:MPfeiffer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 22 November 2002 4:11 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Unable to install Office 2000...

Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer]

Create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value, called =3D
"DisableMSI"
and set it according to (0 =3D3D default, 1 =3D3D admin only, 2 =3D3D =
=3D
disabled).

I had this problem as well, setting "DisableMSI" value to 0 fixed it.

Mike