[THIN] Re: USB-IT feedback

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:56:31 +1000

Hi,

SInce the devices are detected, it's technically possible.

The issue with the normal client drive redirection behaviour is that the client
drive has to be present when the session is initialized and nothing that
changes after that point will work. It's possible there are a couple of
work-arounds but I really haven't looked at the issue very much.

Back to USB-IT though, handling USB memory devices at the server level makes a
huge amount of sense if you want to control what devices are being used and
what they are used for....

I'll send Peter Ghostine an email ;-)

regards,

Rick