[THIN] Re: UPM

  • From: James Rankin <kz20fl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:46:34 +0000

UPM seems to be fairly popular as a simple, lightweight alternative where
there is a lack of either the budget and/or the skills to deploy something
more specialized such as AppSense. I've had good success with it, it
certainly allows you to cut out some of the problems endemic to roaming
profiles without an exponential increase in environmental complexity.

I've never personally used it on physical W7 or Vista endpoints, but
anything is better than roaming profiles I would have thought :-)

--
*James Rankin*
Technical Consultant (ACA, CCA, MCTS)