[THIN] UPDATE: Trend v8 to v10 Citrix Box killer

  • From: Gehan.DeSilva@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:51:13 +0800

I was doing a bit more digging and found this:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Frequently-Asked-Questions-FAQs-about-OfficeScan-10.aspx

Note CPS 4.0 is not listed ...... will have to see what tech support say.
Has anyone got v10 installed on CPS 4.0 successfully ?

What is the Compatibility List of OfficeScan 10 with the following Trend
Micro products?

OfficeScan 10 is compatible with the following non-Trend Micro products:

Citrix XenApp Server 4.5 & 5.0 (32-bit and 64-bit)

Microsoft ActiveSyncTM 4.2, 4.5

Microsoft Cluster Server 2003

Microsoft Office 2000, XP, 2003

Microsoft SQL 7.0, 2000

Microsoft System Management Server (SMS) 2003 with Service Pack 2 or above

Nortel VPN Client (with limitations)

Outlook Mail Scan supports Microsoft Office OutlookTM 2000, 2002, 2003,
2007

POP3 Mail Scan supports the following e-mail programs:

§
Becky! Internet Mail 2.0

§
EudoraTM 6.2

§
Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0

§
Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007

§
Mozilla ThunderbirdTM 1.5, 2.0

§
NetscapeTM 7.2

§
Windows Mail (for Windows Vista only)

§
Foxmail 5.0, 6.0

Terminal Services on Windows 2000, 2003, and 2008

Windows Mobile Devices Center 6 (32-bit)

Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)

Windows Server 2008 Failover Clusters

Windows Tablet PC

From:
Gehan.DeSilva@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
17/11/09 11:20 PM
Subject:
[THIN] Trend v8 to v10 Citrix Box killer
Sent by:
thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I have been slowly rolling out the new officescan v10 to my citrix
servers.  I have done 1x64 server in the farm with no issue.

I dropped v10 onto two Win2k3Sp2 x32  CPS 4.0 servers **Soon to be upgrade
to Xenapp** and found the exact same issue on both server very similar to
something that was referenced with Trend v7, the minute a domain user
logons on the server hangs.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/2/Citrix-Terminal-Server-performance-slows-down-or-hangs.aspx

I had to logon as a local admin and rip the client off.

Has anyone come across this with v10 ?

Thanks in advance
Exceptional Service  Exceptional Results
Assurance - Business Advisory - Corporate Finance - Risk Management - Tax
- Turnaround &  Insolvency
This Communication is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or copyright. You are hereby notified that any
prohibited without the authority of the sender. If you have received this
e-mail message in error or are not the intended recipient, please delete
and destroy all copies and notify us immediately by return mail. Any views
expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifically states otherwise. If you no longer want to
receive notifications, simply reply to this e-mail.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards
Legislation.