[THIN] Re: UPD Issue

  • From: "Magnus" <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:32:29 -0400

Are you hardcoding thi in the CMC?

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Brian Murphy
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 11:48 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] UPD Issue

I've actually called this one into Citrix but wanted to run this by the
experts on this list.

I've got a strange issue on one of my farms.  This farm is HARDCODED to use
the Universal Print Driver Only.  I had this perfect image consisting of: 1.
Win2k SP3 2.  MF XPE FR2 SP2 3.  Hotfixes:
XE102W009,XE102W012,XE102W014,XE102W021,XE102W054,XE102W057,XE102W064
4.  All Windows Updates.

Pre-Ghosting I am able to connect to the server and the UPD Driver maps for
all printers I have defined locally on the client.

Post-Ghosting (new farm server) - Everything works great except the UPD
Driver.  Even though the farm is hardcoded to use UPD it's attempting to
load a native driver.  For example, when I login to post-ghosted box I get
the following error in Event Viewer: Event ID 1106 ->

"Client printer auto-creation failed.  The driver could not be installed.
Possible reasons for the
failure: The driver is not in the list of drivers on the server. The driver
cannot be located. The driver has not been mapped. Client name: (MyClient01)
Printer:
(Client\MyClient01#\\\MyPrintServer01\DAL1_8150_3) Printer driver: (HP
LaserJet 8150 PCL 5e)"

Now......
The only driver installed locally is the UPD.  All the dlls and other files
are located where I would expect to see them...
<C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3>

Everything is correct in the registry key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Wind
ows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3\Citrix PCL4 Universal Driver]

All the Post-Ghost information is correct:
1.  WSID Entry in MF20.dsn
2.  Recreated LHC
3.  Registry entries changed (from previous image name)
4.  Used Sysprep (SID Information) (Also tried Ghost Walk)

Uninstalling FR2 and reinstalling does fix the problem.  However, I'm not
happy with this solution.

Any ideas.

=====
Brian Murphy, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, CCA
bem9127@xxxxxxxxx
469-223-1621 Cell
"If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you
have received this message by error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email."