[THIN] Re: UHPClean

  • From: "Michael Monasterio" <michaelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 12:58:01 -0400

Yes, UPHClean is still recommended, but Microsoft added this utility to
2008 as the "User Profile Service". Continuing what UPHClean did, the
service closes open registry handles that can't be closed otherwise (by
some 3rd party software), in order to allow a profile to be completely
unloaded from the registry.