[THIN] Re: UHPClean

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 20:57:50 +1000

We discovered that If you install x64 office you cannot install any other non
x64 office product on the box
Ie – x64 Office Suite cannot co exist with x86 Project, a number of add-ins for
office x64 would not install as they were x86 only..
We decided to save ourselves the agony and 'potential' for more incompatibility
-  and have the OS as x64  but ALL x86 Office products only....

James

Subject: [THIN] UHPClean
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 11:32:43 +0100
From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Have just got 2008 R2 64 bit with XenApp 6.5 up and running, and I’m starting
to review all apps and weather to stream, install try and upgrade to 64 bit
were possible or stick with 32 bit.

I am going  Office 2010 and have already users on current XenApp 5 2003 server
running it. Should I look at the 64 bit Office and install straight on server
or could it have trouble interacting with 32 bit applications?

UHPClean ? is it still needed ?

Thanks
Ronnie

Ronnie Hamilton
Senior Network Engineer

Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland
IT Department
Naas Road, Rathcoole
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Phone: +353 1 401 1253
E-mail: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx
www.ltai.ie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by return email.
You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use
this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.