[THIN] Turning on Windows Search on XenApp servers

  • From: James Rankin <kz20fl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:55:36 +0100

I have a requirement for users to be able to search in file contents from
published versions of Windows Explorer.

However, as these are PVS images, it seems that the PVS Device Optimizer
turns off the Windows Search functionality which is needed to allow
searching for keywords in file content (I've tested by reinstalling the
Windows Search Role Service and this allows the search to function as
required)

My question is, how much of a performance impact are we likely to see by
enabling Windows Search on PVS imaged XenApp servers? Would it be
recommended to enable it, or is there another way to enable this
functionality for the users?

Regards,

--
*James Rankin*