[THIN] Trouble Migrating 1.8 IMS applications to PS4 IM

  • From: "Shane A Broomhall \(AUST\)" <shaneb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:25:27 +1000

HI All,

I am currently trying to work on migrating some windows nt4.0/metaframe 1.8
IMS scripts to work on Win2k3/PS4.
The company that I am working for cannot find the medis for most of the
applications in the 1.8 farm. In the scripts I have modified the following,

Deleted the value in ProductDirectory

Changed the value for require OS from nt4 to nt52
Require='"%OS%"="" | (%!Split(OSVER,v)%%!eval('"%OS%"="WinNT" & %v1%
=5 & %v2%=2')', This application is only Packaged to run on Windows Server
2003 with MetaFrame.

Added the _NT52 value in the operating system area.
_NT52=%!Split(SOVER,v)%%!eval('"%OS%"="WinNT" & %v1%=5 & %v2%
=2')%

Added the directory to install it onto, under global symbols
APPINSTALLDISK=Y:

Changed the entries in the .wfs script and the directory structure of the files
from WTSRV to windows

replaced %_NT4% with %_NT52%

replaced _WINNT4 with _WINNT52

removed any entries for !toshortpath

The application is fine being added to the IM section of the CMC and allows for
me to choose to install the pacages agains a development server I have. The
install fails.

Since this failing I have looked at also chainging the entry from
PackagerVersion=1.0.1.293 (Release) to version=2 under the main section and
the script is now identified as version 2 instead of version 1.

it is not showing up under the properties of the script when added to the CMC
which operating system it is intended for.

The entries under the event log of the failed server show the following.  They
are WIndows 2k3 sp1 with PS4, and rollup pack 1.

The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Gemini Installer ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Failed to
install aidmods Application.
Application description file: ims20://localhost/218019/aidmods.wfs

Any thoughts or tips ???

Thanks in advance

Shane Broomhall