[THIN] Tricerat on Thin Clients.. anyone?

  • From: "adamadz" <adz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:09:00 -0400

Has anyone been able to get Tricerat Simplify Printing to run on a thin
client?  Specifically, any Neoware units?

We've deployed Neoware eon e100's to our field and in early testing,
Tricerat appeared to run without any problems.  Now that the field has
gotten hold of them, we're having our users report that WFICA32.EXE is
crashing on them when they try to print.  The cryptic message they
receive is "The instruction at somehexnumber referenced memory at
0x00000000. The memory could not be 'written'." They'll then get kicked
out of their session because WFICA32 closes, and the unprinted spool
file fills up the temp directory (Z:) and soon they have to reboot to do
anything.

Has anyone run into anything like this before?  Nothing special with our
setup.  We're using Neoware and Tricerat installs fresh out of the box.
Any tips on thin client printing?... Local print queues versus network
print queues?

Running XPe FR3, Win2k SP3, Tricerat Simplify Printing Server: 3.1.8,
client 3.1.8 (or whatever the latest version is) on Neoware units are XP
Embedded (1.2.1) with local print queues.

The clients are able to print outside of Tricerat without any issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

-adamadz

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320