[THIN] Re: Trend OfficeScan 10.0 (pccntmon.exe) on Citrix Box

  • From: "Alibay, Safdar" <salibay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:32:49 +0100

Hi Gehan,

You may have a look to that article

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Decrease-the-memory-usage-of-OfficeScan-client-on-a-terminal-server.aspx

Kind regards,
Safdar.

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jeremy Saunders
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 05:16
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Trend OfficeScan 10.0 (pccntmon.exe) on Citrix Box

Hi Gehan,

My notes from a recent audit…

“It was difficult to determine the exact version of Trend Officescan deployed,
as this was not displayed in Add/Remove Programs or the registry. It was taken
from the “Program_Version” value in the ofcscan.ini file found in the
“C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client” folder on each server. It was
also interesting to note that the “Trend Micro Network VirusWall PEAgent” is
not installed consistently across the fleet, and seems to have no correlation
with the program version.”

I’ve found that it’s better to uninstall and then re-install. An in-place
upgrade of OfficeScan leaves inconsistent results.

I’m also not sure if the upgrade to version 10 will remove the “Run” key. Maybe
only a clean install will leave it out altogether.

Cheers,
Jeremy.