[THIN] Re: Trend OfficeScan 10.0 (pccntmon.exe) on Citrix Box

  • From: Gehan.DeSilva@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:05:09 +0800

Hi Jeremy

We have upgraded to 10.

I found pccntmon.exe was still loading ? in each user session when i first
looked.

I will double check that.

Gehan De Silva
Senior Network Administrator

RSM Bird Cameron

8 St Georges Terrace Perth WA 6000
GPO Box R1253 Perth WA 6844
T (08) 9261 9437   F (08) 9261 9112
www.rsmi.com.au

From:
"Jeremy Saunders" <Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
17/11/2009 10:34 AM
Subject:
[THIN] Re: Trend OfficeScan 10.0 (pccntmon.exe) on Citrix Box
Sent by:
thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Gehan,

As you know, I have always removed the Run registry entry. This has not
caused any issues in the past on many customer sites. However, with the
release of OfficeScan 10, Trend have now FINALLY removed the “user”
process altogether, and everything is now contained in the service. It’s
now more like ServerProtect, and has a much lower footprint. I would look
at upgrading to that as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Jeremy.