[THIN] Re: Tremont Cart Replacement

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:15:02 -0500

we are using a vehicle mount from Mobile Desk =
(http://www.mobiledesk.com/Medical.htm) bolted to the top of a med cart. =
 We are using them with the Voyager tablet from Neoware but the mounts =
are designed for a laptop.  The one we are using is sturdier than the =
one pictured on their website.

They run about 150-160.  We decided to forgo a powered cart in favor of =
battery charging stations spread around the facility so they can always =
grab a fresh battery when they need one.  We also trained the nurses to =
plug them in when they return from their rounds.

We use the tablet for the carts because they only need one app.  We =
publish that app by itself and the tablets only run that app with a =
generic login to the server.  Individual security is handled by the app. =
It works out pretty well for us.

I found a few other mounting solutions in my research but Mobiledesk was =
the easiest to work with and had a wide variety to tops to mount with

Greg