[THIN] Re: Training courses for those starting out

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 15:27:52 -0400

Your absolutely right, I could do the class.  I'm teaching Brian's class
right now.  And your right, the official classes are not geared towards this
type of thing at all unfortunately.

The reason I posted this was to find out what was out there so that i could
give my client options.

Jeff Pitsch
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 10/6/06, Bob <bobmails@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jeff,

Isn't this the kind of class you could do yourself?  I've watched your
posts over the years and you are plenty savvy.

I stopped training two years ago, but as a former MCT/CCI, and as a
current Help-Desk-Higher-Deity, I can say that no 'class' is going to fit
the bill.  A training company would try to find somebody with your skills to
define and conduct a custom class.

I give my tier one folks a half day of 'how to fix' and 'how not to
break'.  It's half CTX, half MS, half hardware stuff.

Bob

On 10/4/06, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > Does anybody know of a training course or someone who does training for > support personnel in a PS environment? Brian Madden's class is not for the > those starting out really becuase of the influx of information thrown the > students way. we also assume a certain level of knowledge when teaching the > class. I'm interested in find out if there is anything for help desk people > or those that have to support but may not need to be full blown > administrators. The citrix courses themselves seem to concntrate way to > much on learning resource manager, installation manger, etc. I'm looking > more for troubleshooting, simple admin, etc. Make sense? > > > Jeff Pitsch > Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server > Provision Networks VIP > > Forums not enough? > Get support from the experts at your business > http://jeffpitschconsulting.com > >