[THIN] Re: Training courses for those starting out

  • From: Bob <bobmails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:23:04 -0400

Jeff,

Isn't this the kind of class you could do yourself?  I've watched your posts
over the years and you are plenty savvy.

I stopped training two years ago, but as a former MCT/CCI, and as a current
Help-Desk-Higher-Deity, I can say that no 'class' is going to fit the bill.
A training company would try to find somebody with your skills to define and
conduct a custom class.

I give my tier one folks a half day of 'how to fix' and 'how not to break'.
It's half CTX, half MS, half hardware stuff.

Bob

On 10/4/06, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anybody know of a training course or someone who does training for support personnel in a PS environment? Brian Madden's class is not for the those starting out really becuase of the influx of information thrown the students way. we also assume a certain level of knowledge when teaching the class. I'm interested in find out if there is anything for help desk people or those that have to support but may not need to be full blown administrators. The citrix courses themselves seem to concntrate way to much on learning resource manager, installation manger, etc. I'm looking more for troubleshooting, simple admin, etc. Make sense?

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com