[THIN] Re: Tracking user logins/logouts across a farm

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:57:32 -0000

If you're going to do it via scripting, why would you even need the
complexity of something like vbscript, to just append some environment
details to a file?

I realise you have a thing for vbscript - but for everything? When a
simple append redirection to a file in a cmd script would do?

How much more complex is that in vbscript? All of a sudden, you've gotta
create filesystem objects, handles for files and txt streams - when echo
>> filename would do?

This isn't a bash against using vbscript - I write stuff in vbscript /
HTA stuff on practically a daily basis - and don't get me wrong, I know
you *could* do it via vbscript - but why would you, or recommend to,
when it clearly would be overengineered for what you're proposing?

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.