[THIN] Re: Tough One--Nfuse sites stop responding during mid-afternoon

  • From: rose.ratliffe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:19:18 -0700

Hi,

Last two weeks we have had the same problem - suddenly our Nfuse pages
stopped responding.  The ICA client check pop up would not go away.  If you
went to the login userid and password page it would never respond with your
applications.  It appears we have a similar environment as well - we were
initially setup with Nfuse 1.5, now have installed nfuse 1.6 but did not
change the custom website to a 1.6 version one.

Our first attempts to repair the problem centered on the Nfuse / IIS server
(also our PDC and file server) as it also stopped serving any ASP pages.
We eventually removed all IIS and Nfuse (including cleaning the registry)
then installed IIS, IE and Nfuse again. We rebooted all our servers and
finally everything seemed hunky dory again.  For a total of two days.

We got a CSE in when it failed the next time as we had made no changes to
the servers and could not figure out what had happened.  It turns out that
Citrix XML service on one of our Metaframe servers had gone down.  Nfuse
1.6 apparently does not load balance the inital call, it only goes to one
server so if the XML service on that one server is down Nfuse is down.

We had it happen again last night, and our sys admin took the server down
and had it do an AUTOCHK which 'corrected errors in the uppercase file'  I
do not know if that affected the problem or not, but we will find out
tomorrow.

HTH.

Rose

 Rosemarie J. Ratliffe                        E-mail:
rose.ratliffe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Manager Information Systems          Tel: (780) 482 2626
 Alberta Medical Association             Fax: (780) 482 5445
 Edmonton  AB  T5N 3Z1