[THIN] Re: To upgrade or not to upgrade to Windows 7

  • From: "Doug Rooney" <Doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 07:20:08 -0800

Well, that was indeed a good article, but as they said, they having been
using 7 for a long time, what it did not address was the major question,
WHY, why should I go through the hassle of upgrading? My ERP software
does not play well with Vista, so my guess is that 7 will be the same,
since the majority of what I am hearing is that 7 is just Vista with a
different face, and quite frankly, I found Vista to be a royal pain in
the rear when trying to do basic things like set network parameters. I
fully agree with the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", and XP
worked fine, seems like MS just wanted to rake in more dough, which is
of course why they are in business, but let's face it, Vista was not
what they promised, and why should I believe 7 will be? So, if anyone
has a good side by side comparison of XP, Vista and 7 that is truly
unbiased, I would like to read it.

Thank You

~Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers