[THIN] Re: Tips or guides on running Virtual Citrix / Terminal Servers

  • From: "David M. Bieneman" <dbieneman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:51:11 -0600

Hi.

You can also use vc-iMonitor to control lsass.exe, spoolsv.exe,
javaw.exe, helpsvc.exe, and I have a few more for you.  You would set
cpu thresholds and when the process crosses the threshold vc-iMonitor
would change it's process priority and then reset it back to it's
original priority after the process fell under the threshold.  With this
tool we have made it possible for some organizations to use Terminal
Services /Citrix on VMware ESX Server.

We actually run our office on a Citrix server running on VMware and
would not be without using vc-iMonitor.  However vc-iMonitor does cost
$249 per server and I think threadmaster is free.

If you are interested, I can give you an unbiased lowdown on Terminal
Server / Citrix and VMware.  Then if you think our tool helps you can
post back here so I don't go on running a huge advertisement for my
products. :-)

Feel free to contact me directly at the number in my signature below.
Our ads for vc-iMonitor posted on thethin.net are extremely old. (my
fault)  If you are interested you can find information on vc-iMonitor
here... www.vizioncore.com <http://www.vizioncore.com/> .  The
application has matured significantly and a new revision with
specialized VMkernel performance counters will be released soon.

David

David M. Bieneman
President
vizioncore, inc
847-603-7619 p
847-603-7620 f
dbieneman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.vizioncore.com
"vc-iSeries - Point and Click Administration
 for Citrix and Terminal Server"