[THIN] Re: Tips or guides on running Virtual Citrix / Terminal Servers

  • From: Durf <stygmata@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:07:51 -0500

My basic plan is to pilot the deployment of 2 DL380 physical servers,
dual-proc with 4GB of RAM.  Each one will host two or three Citrix MF
3 images with perhaps 20 to 30 users each.  The farm controller / data
collector will be a physical box.  The majority of the users use a
classic client/server database front-end application for ERP,
Office2k3, and some light faxing and PDF generation.

All user and profile data will be redirected onto a physical file server.

The physical servers will use Legato replication to keep the VM images
in synch between the servers for redundancy and failover.  The owner's
primary requirement is continuity and failover, with performance as a
secondary consideration.  So basically it's OK if the things aren't
screamingly fast, so long as we can quickly throw up a new image or
roll back to an old one in case of a failed update or in case they
suddenly purchase another company and need to get another 30 users
into their system.

Thanks, I'll have a look at ArmTech.