[THIN] Time Zone support and thin clients

  • From: "Pardee, Michael" <MPardee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:09:13 -0400

I apologize if this has been dealt with.  I have been going through Citrix's
forums and the archives for this list and have not found the answer yet.

We are just starting to test MetaframeXP here.  We have a 92 server MF1.8
farm now and while doing some of our initial testing we have been unable to
get the local time zone support to work on the NCD ThinSTARs.  I realize
they don't have local clocks on them, but in the NCD Central Management
software there is an extension for time zone support.  We have it set as we
want it to be, be we always get the Pacific time zone when logging in from
the NCDs.  Eastern is what we are after for these users.

We are running on Windows2000 with MFXP FR2.

Has anyone got local time zone support to work on the thin clients?  Is
there any other way to get this support?  We are currently working on our AD
migration as well.  Anything I can use in there, like GPO, that could get us
out of this as well?

Thanks for any help/suggestions in advance.

> Michael Pardee
Mailto:mpardee@xxxxxxxx <Mailto:mpardee@xxxxxxxx>

Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmission
is confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be subject to protection
under the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act (HIPAA).  The message is intended for the sole use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are notified that any use, distribution or copying of the message is
strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalties.  If
you received this transmission in error, please contact the sender
immediately by replying to this email and delete the material from any
computer.