[THIN] Re: Time On server sessions

  • From: Nick Smith <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:09:41 +0100

Connect through Terminal Services or through eg VPN?
If the latter, you may have global policies on the domain which force domain
PCs to use either an external or internal server as a NNTP server.

1)      It depends a bit what you mean by system-wide, but if you mean Windows
Domain wide, then yes, you can set up eg a Domain Controller as central NNTP
server, use policies to force clients to update from it, and most appliances
have an option to either set time manually  or you can specify the ip of your
DC/NNTP to be it's time server.

2)      You can use Group Policy to force/disable PC s using the NNTP server.
Ncik