[THIN] Threadmaster

  • From: Steve Parr <sparr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:19:49 -0500

Started running this in production on one server and seems to be bringing
the 'CPU hog of an app' under control. Quite amazing considering this is a
freeware.
Anyhow my question is now that we are running it what the affect of stopping
the Threadmaster service will be while users are logged on and using the
application being throttled? Ie. if I want to make changes to the config for
Threadmaster in the middle of the day and stop\restart the service will this
have any negative consequences or should I wait till users logged off to
make any changes?

Steve Parr
Metroland Printing, Publishing and Distributing Ltd.