[THIN] Re: Thinstation LIVE-CD

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 18:58:20 +0100

On 09/09/05, Steve Parr <sparr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is a bootable CD which can start you up with a Citrix or RDP session.
> Config file can be easily setup to point to published applications which can
> be run on floppy or burned to CD along with the iso image. I have tried and
> it is pretty good and am looking to use in disaster recovery situations
> where there may be little time to setup the PC's.

Assuming you're talking about http://thinstation.sf.net, yes I have,
it's all we use here, although we are small :)

> Only thing I am finding is you can only run one pub app at a time - seem to
> have to close out of one app to start another. A menu item is supplied when

That would be replimenu, the fullscreen blue menu, yeah?

It's a bit of a pain, but the live cd isnt really set up to run
multiple apps. It's mainly for swapping between apps like you've
found. You can actually set up TS with a little desktop and have icons
for all the apps, or have a web browser start and go to WI, or publish
pnagent anonymously and have that load, or or or.. I do like it lots,
as you can tell ;)

You're better off sussing out a few options and making your own CD -
check the TS-O-Matics in the menu of the homepage. If you need any
help, give me a shout off list

Andrew
This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2