[THIN] Thinstation LIVE-CD

  • From: Steve Parr <sparr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 12:32:22 -0400

Has anyone used this? Runs on linux.
It is a bootable CD which can start you up with a Citrix or RDP session.
Config file can be easily setup to point to published applications which can
be run on floppy or burned to CD along with the iso image. I have tried and
it is pretty good and am looking to use in disaster recovery situations
where there may be little time to setup the PC's.
Only thing I am finding is you can only run one pub app at a time - seem to
have to close out of one app to start another. A menu item is supplied when
you add more than one app to the config file allowing you to choose the next
app however to get to menu need to close out of app which is already open.
Help file includes some keyboard combos to move from one app to next but
this does not appear to work. Anyone know if it's possible to run more than
one app at a time with Thinstation LIVE-CD without closing current app to
move to next app?

Steve Parr
Metroland Printing, Publishing and Distributing Ltd.