[THIN] Re: ThinStation

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:33:31 +0100

Well, I call them test machines, but theyre actually live machines staff use :)

I think its quite a good setup, the only problem I have is that the
machines currently aren't booting remotely, I've not got round to
setting up RIS on the network yet. Theres a very active mail list for
it as well (http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-general)
and they recently had a poll on there as to who uses it on what scale,
seems theres 5 users with over 500 clients using it somewhere!
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5730699&forum_id=33087

Theres also a "LiveCD" which you can download, burn and test it out
with, although its a "stable" version, not the cutting edge beta
version, which is generally stable anyway!

Andrew