[THIN] Thin Print technologies

  • From: "Manley, Richard" <RManley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:41:13 +0100

I have recently been asked to assist into planning an environment with WAN
access.  However Printing has been a very big question when the topic of
bandwidth has arisen.  I have been reading Brian Maddens book and there is
some detail with regards to thin print solutions.  Our Print servers wil be
on all the local Lan segments.  Therefore I am looking at a thin print
solution that will pass the metafile from the Citrix server accross the Wan
to the local print server.  The technology therefore being the metafile is
passed over the Wan and spooled locally. Rather than being spooled at the
Citrix server and this large file being passed accross the WAN

Can anyone recommend a particular bit of software for this and also how easy
it is to implement also is there any issues

kind regards

Richard

This e-mail and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may contain legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail message, please telephone or e-mail us immediately, delete this
message from your system and do not read, copy, distribute, disclose or
otherwise use this e-mail message and any attachments. Although Heath
Lambert believes this e-mail and any attachments to be free of any virus or
other defect that may affect your computer, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Heath Lambert does not accept
any responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
Finally, you should be aware that Heath Lambert reserves the right and
intends to intercept and monitor incoming and outgoing e-mail
correspondence, so you should not expect any e-mail communications to be
private in nature.

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com