[THIN] Re: Thin Clients running on VPN over DSL experiences

  • From: "Tony Lyne" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:49:57 +1200

Ive set up a number of sites running on a DSL WAN and its fine. VPN or =
no VPN it doesn't really impact the performance of the Citrix sessions =
much from what Ive seen.

These implementations have been with WI/CSG MSAM/CSG and Also raw ICA =
with HP and IBM terminals.

However, We have noticed that a frame circuit with a high CIR usually =
will marginally outperform the equivalent DSL connections, but its =
really intellectual as the users haven't really noticed.

Hope this helps.

Tony Lyne
Senior Systems Engineer=20
Computerland Central=20
P O Box 1470=20
PALMERSTON NORTH
Telephone (+64) 06 3537300
Facsimile (+64) 06 3566800
Mobile (+64) 0274 720696
E-mail Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet http://www.computerland.co.nz
CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain =
information that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are =
not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, =
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is =
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me =
immediately and delete all material pertaining to this e-mail. Thank =
you.
=A0