[THIN] Thin Clients running on VPN over DSL experiences

  • From: "Jaimes, Leon" <Leon.Jaimes@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:40:28 -0600

Hello All,
We are considering ditching our frame relay network and connecting our
remote sites using DSL and running a Cisco VPN network over the DSL to the
data center which would have a couple internet T1 lines.  The remote sites
are all running thin clients(NCD ThinSTARs and Neoware Capios.)  34 remote
sites on average have 4 terminals, max of 10 at one location.  In Brian
Madden's excellent book he mentions that latency is more of a factor for the
thin terminals so I am wondering if this is a bad idea or if anyone has had
experience with this type of scenario.
TIA
Leon Jaimes
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains
Information Technology Department
(303) 813-7614
<mailto:leon.jaimes@xxxxxxxx <mailto:leon.jaimes@xxxxxxxx> >

http://www.tarantella.com/ttba