[THIN] Re: Thin Clients Freezing

  • From: Charlie Fraser <fraserc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:48:15 -0500

I may be on to the cause of my thin clients freexing. We purchased the
chaepest Microsoft Wheel mice for the thin clients. Since the ChipPC's
are running CE .NET we were told by ChipPC that the Scroll mice would
work. In the other areas where the ChipPC's are the users did not want
the scroll mice. One user in the accounting dept. was not prone to
freezing we found she did not have a MS mouse. I ran some tests by
unplugging the mouse, etc... and I was able to get the terminal to
reboot itself and the mouse would not recover. We are replacing all of
the mice in that area today. Yesterday a user who froze 5 times did not
freeze after we replace the mice. The are unsophisticated users and what
put me on to this was another IT person noticed the person who froze a
lot would continuously click the mouse if she did not recieve an
immediate response. Does anyone have any thoughts on this hypothesis?

Charlie