[THIN] Re: Thin Client recommendation

  • From: Brian Delaney <brian.delaney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:28:14 -0400

The problem is not the hardware it si when will Citrix support USB.

Jim Hathaway wrote:

I've been a fan of Maxspeeds ever since their support re-compiled an
image I had created for older model systems to work on their a newer
model at no charge. Their boxes that I've deployed have been pretty
stable, and most of their systems support 2 USB interfaces as well as
PXE. (in fact PXE is used for their station imaging process)

Not sure about CAC reader support though, but it might be available as
an add-in.

http://www.maxspeed.com/products/catalog.aspx?ID=5

HTH

PS - aside from assisting w/ my image issues, in my dealings with them,
I've found their techsupport support to be both responsive and helpful.

-----Original Message----- From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Minero Hector B DLVA Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 5:33 AM To: Thin (E-mail) Subject: [THIN] Thin Client recommendation

Hi all,  we are looking to replace our current Thin clients (Linux
Neowares) and would like to know what everyone recommends.
We are looking for the Thin clients to support the following:

a. Must be a Diskless workstation
b. Provide USB support
c. Provide CAC Reader support (Smart cards) e. Support PXE.

Wish List:
d. DVI inputs
e. USB keyboard, mouse support

I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Hector.-
_________________________________
Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55
Ph: (540)653-8859
Fax:(540)653-8575

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online Thinssentials Utilities Using the
latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical
custom-tailored solutions for each client's mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com
use the below link:

Using the latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical expertise, proprietary software and best practices, EOL provides custom-tailored solutions for each client’s mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com

*
*
*
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this communication(s) is expressly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.