[THIN] Re: Thin Client Replacement

  • From: "Tore Hansen" <tore.hansen@xxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:44:57 +0200

----- anyone tried the www.thinstation.org - a small linux thin client
sw, with DiskOnModule or PXE boot.

Tore H

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Claudio Rodrigues
Sent: 25. juni 2004 17:52
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Thin Client Replacement

What I mean is instead of buying Thin Clients you can get a very small
PC using a VIA or Geode processor (that has no fans at all) and use a
DoM instead of a Hard Disk.
This will give you exactly the same as a Thin Client but at a lower cost
and without any firmware issues.
You can have this very small, as small as any normal Thin Client.