[THIN] Thin Client Printer Problem

  • From: Ray Clingenpeel <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:46:41 -0500

We are running W2K Server SP2 and Metaframe 1.8 SP2.

The thin client has a local printer that is shared with other thin clients.
The problem is when a user sends a print job to the shared printer and the
thin client with the local printer is not logged in.  The print job remains
in the print queue and says printing and hangs in the queue until the spool
service is stopped and restarted.  Even when the thin client logs into the
system it will not start the hung job.  This is a major pain, especially at
night and on weekends.  Is there a setting or something I'm missing to
prevent the queue from sending until the thin client is logged in?

thanks
Ray Clingenpeel