[THIN] Re: The ideal hardware?

  • From: "Taylor, George" <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:22:02 -0600

I'm curious, can you expand on the Supercache II band aid for I/O
comment?  Our farm is currently 1 bladecenter with a McData FC switch
module and a Cisco Ethernet Module, using 14 HS20s, boot from SAN.  Each
blade is beefed up with the 4gig and dual CPU.  I have not seen any type
of I/O issues and am looking at expanding due to 2 upcoming projects.
The current plans are an additional 56 blades.

Thanks,

George

  _____